Families many times do not know where to turn to for help to when a loved one passes away.
MCRC provides a range of services that cover everything from the moment of death all the way to the burial. these include:
– Logistics for the transport of the deceased from the home or hospital to a funeral home, mosque and/or or cemetery
– Arranging for the ritual washing of the deceased per Islamic guidelines
– Mobilizing trained volunteers – men and women – to perform the ritual washing
– Providing for the Kaffan (shroud) to cover the deceased following the washing
– Facilitating the burial process including the procurement of burial space in Muslim cemeteries
MCRC has negotiated special rates with funeral homes and cemeteries equipped to provide services per Islamic guidelines.
MCRC provides all these services totally free except for the cost of transport, funeral home charges and burial costs which are paid directly to the funeral home or cemetery. In cases where families are unable to pay for transport services or burial plots, MCRC also provides these services free of cost.
For more information, on the Islamic funeral process and list of muslim cemeteries, please check the resources under the “Funeral Services” category